I would like to thank https://allymomin5.wordpress.com/ for nominating me for the three quotes three days challenge. It’s my first time being nominated for something, and I’m honored that she picked me over so many more veteran bloggers. Do her a favor and go read her posts, too.
She’s a good read, trust me.
For the first day of three quotes, three days challenge, I’ll start with one of my favorite book characters, Mattie Gokey from Jennifer Donnelly’s A Northern Light. I admire her, because like myself, she loved books and loved to write.
- “What I saw next stopped me dead in my tracks. Books. Not just one or two dozen, but hundreds of them. In crates. In piles on the floor. In bookcases that stretched from floor to ceiling and lined the entire room. I turned around and around in a slow circle, feeling as if I’d just stumbled into Ali Baba’s cave. I was breathless, close to tears, and positively dizzy with greed.”
2. “For the first time, I saw what was in his heart, and I wondered if he might ever want to look deep enough to see mine.”
3. “As I nodded and smiled and umm-hmm’d and oh, my’d my way down the drive, I wondered if boys had any sort of magazine that told them how to attract women and, if so, did it ever tell them to put the girls’ interests first?”
Here are my nominees for Day One
Here are the rules for the challenge,
- Three quotes for three days.
- Three nominees each day (no repetition).
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Inform the nominees.